Broccoli & Romano Bean Bowl
A healthy Vegan option
- 1 can organic romano beans, rinsed
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 Spanish Onion, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp almond pulp (or rough ground almonds)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp each of fresh oregano, rosemary & basil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Thoroughly rinse beans.
- In a large pot, add coconut oil and heat over medium
- Add onions and peppers and lightly cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beans and carrots to the pot. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add remaining herbs and broccoli and allow to steam covered until broccoli is a bright green.
- Top with almond pulp or ground almonds.
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/