Ginger Coconut Squash Soup
Creamy and mellow, this soup will warm your body with the fresh ginger!
- 1/2 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 yam, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 6 cups of water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2" fresh peeled ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add chopped squash, yam, celery, onion, ginger, and sea salt.
- Add more water to cover vegetables fully if necessary.
- Bring back to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until all vegetables are tender- about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion/ hand blender, puree until smooth.
- Add in 1 cup of coconut milk and stir.
- Add remaining spices and either serve or return to heat until you are ready to enjoy.
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/