Category Recipe Corner
Cauliflower Leek Soup
Another great soup for spring with an interesting ingredient- Almond Milk. Could even be used as a mash instead of a soup, if you choose not to dilute it.
Write a review
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 4 leeks, halved lengthwise
- 1-2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Wash and chop cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cut leeks lengthwise into quarters.
- Drizzle in olive oil and a little sea salt and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until lightly roasted.
- Add to food processor and blitz until you have a pureed mash.
- Add pepper and chili flakes.
- Add 1/4 cup almond milk and puree a bit more.
- You could leave the puree at this consistency and serve as a side dish, or continue to add almond milk until desired consistency reached.
- Makes 4 portions
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/