Category Recipe Corner
Spinach Chickpea Bowl
Looking for a quick, tasty and easy vegetarian meal or side dish. Give this iron and calcium rich meal a try!
Write a review
- 1 can organic chickpeas (or fresh if you let the soak for 24hrs)
- 3 cups spinach or kale
- 1 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 half cup onions, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil,
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2" ginger, fresh chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon squeezed
- In a small pot or pan, add olive oil, garlic, ginger and onions. Lightly saute until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add chickpeas, peppers, mushroom and any other vegetable you'd like. Cover and cook on low-medium heat for 3-5 mins.
- Add spinach and lemon juice and cover. Continue to cook until spinach has wilted a little, but is still a brilliant green.
- This recipe makes 1 serving as a meal or 2 servings as a side
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/