Category Recipe Corner
Spinach Stuffed Chili
Quick and easy, loaded with vegetables
Write a review
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can organic kidney beans
- 1 can organic plum tomatoes
- 1 can organic tomato paste
- 1 bunch of spinach, trimmed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium spanish or sweet onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tsp chill powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- In a pan, add ground turkey and a 1/2 cup of water. Stir occasionally. Ensure cooked all the way through.
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add onions and lightly sautee
- Add red peppers and celery and stir.
- Add tomatoes to the mixture and rinsed beans.
- Stir in spices and tomato paste
- Once cooked add ground turkey and stir.
- Slowly add in spinach a handful at a time and stir. You may have to wait a bit for spinach to wilt before adding more.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 or more minutes.
If you want a vegetarian version sub out the ground turkey for
- 1lb plain tofu or
- 1.5 cups cauliflower pieces + 1.5 cups portobello mushrooms
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/