Category Recipe Corner
Zucchini and Leek Puree
A tasty puree with a kick! Great with a spicy fish or your choice of meat.
Write a review
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5-8 fresh basil leaves
- 2" peeled fresh ginger
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil in pot with pressed garlic
- Add chopped leeks and allow to simmer
- Add chopped zucchini and keep stirring
- Add finely chopped ginger
- Add about 1 cup water (not to much or you'll have soup instead of puree)
- Add basil leaves, sea salt and pepper
- Using an immersion blender or food processor puree contents (careful it's still hot) until smooth and creamy. Add more water if necessary.
- Allow to cook on stove top at low heat for another 10-15 minutes to thicken the mixture.
- Serve with your choice of protein
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/