Category Recipe Corner
Here’s a great twist on a fall classic! A great warm up and feel good soup.
Cauliflower & Butternut Soup
Write a review
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3" ginger root, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 yam, peeled and cubed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/3 cauliflower
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1 tbsp ground cumin seed
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seed
- In large pot, warm oil and add spices, ginger and garlic.
- Let sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions and let them cook a little until soft.
- Add all the vegetables and sunflower seeds and mix well with oil and onions.
- Add water, just enough to cover the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and let cook for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Use a hand/immersion blender and puree until smooth.
- If too thick, add more water to suit your own preferences.
- Serve and enjoy
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/