Looking for an alternate to hummus, guac or store bough veggie dip. Try bean spreads instead. Beans are full of healthy carbohydrates, protein and low in fat and can be quite versatile.
Spicy Black Bean Hummus
- 1 can Organic black beans drained or 1.5 cups cooked beans. White or Kidney beans can be substituted.
- 1 sweet onion small, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin & coriander mix
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Lightly saute garlic, cumin, coriander and onions in a skillet for 1-2 minutes with olive oil. This step is optional but will enhance the flavours.
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
Add more lemon juice to thin if mixture is too thick.
Use as a dip for veggies