Category Recipe Corner
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Why buy a can when it's so simple to make.
Write a review
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar, ideally organic
- 1 package fresh cranberries
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh pepper (for a little kick)
- Bring 1 cup of water with 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/2 cup of sugar to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Add cranberries and return to boil.
- Reduce heat and continue stirring for about 10 mins, gently crushing the cranberries.
- Stir in 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Let cool completely to allow sauce to thicken, stirring occasionally to reach desired consistency
- If you like orange, you can grate a little orange or lemon zest in.
- You can add 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp cinnamon as well.
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/