Red Black & Gold Chili
A great way to warm up on a cold day!
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1 can organic kidney beans
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can organic plum tomatoes, or 3 cups of whole plum tomatoes, peeled & lightly crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 Spanish Onion, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cumin & ground coriander
- 1 tsp chil powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pot stove top, heat olive oil.
- Add ground cumin and coriander and lightly toast on medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, rinsed kidney and black beans and remaining vegetables and spices.
- In a separate pan, fully cook ground turkey with a little bit of water.
- Drain when fully cooked and add to chili mixture.
- Bring chili to a boil then reduce and let simmer for 20 minutes or until ready to eat.
- Serve & enjoy!
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/