Category Recipe Corner
Chocolate Coconut Cookies
So good I had to make them twice since I ate them before I snapped a picture. Balanced enough to be breakfast cookies
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk not coconut beverage
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter or your favourite nut butter
- 2 cups oats or other flakes
- 1/3 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
In saucepan mix maple syrup, cacao powder, coconut milk together until combined.
Add coconut oil and vanilla and bring to boil for about a minute or two.
Continue to stir.
Remover from heat and add almond butter,
Combine oats, coconut flakes and salt together then add to mixture
Crush hazelnuts in food processor or blender and add to mixture
Spoon cookies onto parchment paper or silicon pad
Put cookies in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes to cook.
Per cookie is approx 131 calories, 8g Fat, 14g carbs, 3g protein
Adapted from Two peas and their pod.com