Lets face it, even at their healthiest, packed energy bars are still processed and expensive. Until recently I hadn’t made any of my own energy snack bars because it seemed like such a hassle. But I whipped these up from start to finish in less then 15 minutes. Give them a shot and let me know what you think!
Chocolate Energy Nut Bar
A quick and easy and very healthy energy nut bar! Flourless, gluten free, and no added sugar!
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almonds,
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup Brazil Nuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup of raw coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 scoop chocolate Vega One
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Soak dates for a couple hours in cold water and remove pits.
- Soak almonds, Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds in water for a couple hours, drain.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor for 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Line a small baking pan (8X8 or 6x11) with parchment paper and flatten "dough" mixture into pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour, cut into single serving portions and then enjoy.
- To last longer, place in freezer in single serving wrapped portions.
- You can substitute your own ingredients for a personalized flavour!
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/