Category Recipe Corner
Spicy Chana & Kale
Lentils are an amazing food and quick to prepare! They are packed full of fibre and as a result help stabilize blood sugar. They also have a lot of protein (17g per 1 cup cooked), contain B vitamins an d manganese, magnesium, potassium and iron.
Write a review
- 4-5 cups of small pieces of destemed kale
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup dry chana beans / chickpeas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ground coriander & cumin
- 1 tbsp masala powder
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 2" fresh chopped or grated ginger
- 1.5 tbsp turmeric
- sea salt to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- Rinse lentils and chana beans well. Cook together in 2.5 cups of water. Bring to boil and let simmer for 25 minutes. Discard any excess water.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut oil. Add diced onions and let sautee for a few minutes. Combine all spices and add to pan. Mix well together and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and chana beans and mix well. Allow to cook on low for 5 more minutes for the flavour to combine.
- Add kale and lime juice and cover to steam until kale is bright green.
- Serve as a main, or side. Enjoy!
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/