Reset Your NutritionOctober 9, 2017
Spinach Stuffed ChilliOctober 25, 2017
Cooler temperatures make heartier foods more appealing. Make use of in season produce this fall with this delicious and easy to make soup. For additional protein add 1 cup of cooked lentils before pureeing or 1/2 cup uncooked lentils and 1-2 cups additional water at the time of cooking.
4 cups water
4-6 cups peeled & cubed Butternut squash
2 carrots, chopped
1 Yam, cubed
1 med onion, chopped or 1/2 cup chopped leeks,
2 stalks celery, chopped
4 cloves garlic peeled & not chopped
1 tsp ground cumin seeds
2-3 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
¼ tsp hot chili pepper (optional)
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup cooked lentils (optional)
1. Heat coconut oil or olive oil in large pot with coriander, cumin and garlic
2. Add leeks or onions and celery and sautee until soft and clear
3. Add 4 cups of water or vegetable stock and bring to boil.
4. Add squash and yams and allow to boil until soft
5. Using hand blender or upright blender blend until desired consistency is reached.
6. Allow to simmer a little longer so the flavours can infuse.
7. Serve and top with fresh cilantro or other fresh herbs you may have