Category Recipe Corner
Ginger Turnip Mash
Write a review
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small turnip or 1/2 large turnip, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 medium carrot
- 3" ginger root, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cracked coriander & cumin
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a small pot, warm oil and add ginger, garlic, ground coriander and cumin.
- Let cook for 1-2 mins to infuse flavour
- Add chopped onions and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- In a larger pot, boil turnip for 15-20 minutes, until soft. Drain.
- Add sauteed spices and onions to the mixture
- Puree together with a hand blender or food processor, or use a hand masher for a thicker texture as seen in the picture.
Healthy Eating Active Living™ http://www.heal-nutrition.com/